Day four, in which we encounter an opportunity for redesigning the pegbox, and vocalize an anachronistic exclamation of sorrow, regret, or dismay.
Today started off with marking up those rectangular solids for the band saw, so I could turn them into functional “dulci-bits.”
Next, squaring up the blade on the band saw …
then checking fence position (that’ll do) …
and then getting started on the Y axis cuts
next up, the Z axis
The peg block is to be cut into thirds, so that the middle section can have a lower profile to accommodate the tuning pegs. Based on the manufacturer’s specs, I designed for a 3/4″ wide central section.
“Alackaday!” I cried aloud.
Lining up my tuning machines reveals that one manufacturer (two tuning machines to the right) is within specified measurements, but the other (two tuning machines to the left) is off by between 1/16″ and 3/32″.
Well, I’m glad I checked that before I started cutting the block! I’ll get to redesigning to handle the larger-than-expected tuning machines.
I may post again later today, but if not … it’s been #buffalofunaday!
Today’s soundtrack: Djangologie